Some photos of Bristol, VA/TN. The main street of the city, State Street is literally the state line. On one side is Tennessee and the other side is Virginia. The flags of each state line their respective side of the road, along with a lot of American flags.
Bristol was first founded as a city in 1852, planned and laid out by Joseph Rhea Anderson. It is most famous for being the “birthplace of country music,” in 1927, when Ralph Peer, a record producer, set up a temporary music studio in Bristol and helped many early singers get their start.
Bristol is also the home of the Bristol Motor Speedway, a popular NASCAR track with seating for 160,000 people.
- believeinbristol reblogged this from asktn and added:
- askthelovelyvirginia reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust and added:
- capaillgorm reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust
- asktn reblogged this from diademuerto8 and added:
- diademuerto8 reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust
- diademuerto8 likes this
- goodollonestar likes this
- dracadancer likes this
- hey-lady-wanderlust posted this