I normally don’t watch or even like Hetalia, but the most recent episode did tug on my heart strings a little bit. It touched on a lot of concepts that I’m always fascinated by, including the fleeting nature of human life and the burden of immortality. When you’re immortal, you get to watch everyone else live and love, never really knowing what it’s like to exist that way. There are so many things you just can’t do, no matter how much you’d like to. So you just have to live vicariously, through those who can experience those things, watching generation after generation pass and everyone you come to know and love die.
We explore these themes a lot with our state personifications, so I’m glad it was touched upon in the Hetalia canon. I wish that there were more of these kinds of moments in APH. More existentialism, less camp. lol.
Anyway, I just quickly sketched out the two random humans. lol. Do they have names or what?
- nowherenorthwest likes this
- adielanddogs reblogged this from cacafueg0
- capaillgorm likes this
- dracadancer likes this
- alotofchusetts likes this
- cacafueg0 reblogged this from topawz
- tsunderelovino likes this
- nedercan reblogged this from topawz
- topawz reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust
- musicamasaharu reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust
- hey-lady-wanderlust posted this